ADSM-L

TSM service on linux client

2005-11-14 00:19:32
Subject: TSM service on linux client
From: Paul Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:04:15 +1100
I have installed TSM 5.2 on a RH linux AS 3.0 server. To install it I
performed the following steps:

Used rpm -i to install the two rpm packages.

rpm -i TIVsm-API.i386.rpm
rpm -i TIVsm-BA.i386.rpm

Created the dsm.sys and dsm.opt files.

Created the environment variables by adding these to a .profile file.

export DSM_CONFIG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt
export DSM_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin

I run the command "dsmcad" to start the tsm service however it does not
start the TSM service (when I run the command "service tsm status" I get
the error "Unrecognised service".)

Is there a step I am missing either on the linux client or on the TSM
server? There is a schedule created for this client on the TSM service
as well as a client node. I have other clients (both Windows and linux)
being backed up successfully via the TSM server.

I am able to run a manual incremental backup from the linux client by
running the command "dsmc incr"

Regards
Paul

Paul Dudley
ANL IT Operations Dept.
pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.