ADSM-L

Re: Retention Request Problem

2005-07-15 14:30:44
Subject: Re: Retention Request Problem
From: "Miller, Ryan" <Miller.Ryan AT PRINCIPAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:30:28 -0500
This will not produce the desired outcome from the request.  We have
used this option when it is appropriate, but all this produces is a TSM
server archive of the client, in other words, all you end up with is
what the client looked like at the last backup (a backupset only copies
over the active files).  If the request would have been - "I want to
have all data retained for how my servers looked last night", this
process would work.  We have found however that a backupset - for some
unknown reason - takes much longer than just running an archive from the
client.

Ryan Miller

Principal Financial Group

Tivoli Certified Consultant