ADSM-L

Re: Very very strange behaviour

2005-02-06 10:09:52
Subject: Re: Very very strange behaviour
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:08:42 -0500
>I have a Client on Windows XP with Tsm client version 5.2.3.4 , when I
>tried to restore thru the gui (dsm.exe)  a directory (WWW)  nothing is
>display either this directory or files.
>I tried the same with the command line (dsmc.exe) and I got the this
>directory and files too !!!!!

Again: When posting questions about Restorals, we need to know the
particulars of the restoral in order to ascertain what the problem may
be.  The type of restoral can make all the difference.

If this is a Point In Time restoral, then these effects are well known,
and have been discussed before.  Refer to the B/A Client manual
discussion of "Performing point-in-time restores", and see topic
"GUI vs. CLI" in ADSM QuickFacts, and descriptive APAR IC24733.
The crux of the matter is that there are not corresponding directories
in the backing store which correspond to the PIT spec such that they
can be presented for you to drill down through them in the GUI.

If some other type of restoral, re-post with all the particulars,
including the steps pursued in trying to get to the data display,
any dsmerror.log messages.

   Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs