ADSM-L

Re: Very very strange behaviour

2005-02-06 19:06:41
Subject: Re: Very very strange behaviour
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:06:24 -0700
> It is my opinion that the same result you get from the command line must
> be given by the GUI, even if this means performance degradation.

Hmmm..... There were a lot of unhappy customers who would disagree (at
least with the way the ADSM V1 and V2 clients worked).   :-)

With the performance degradation that existed in ADSM V1 and V2, that
something had to be changed. Not only was performance an issue, but so was
memory on the client machine, which had to be able to store all of the
backup version information sent by the server.

You can achieve the same results by using the policy settings I discuss in
my older post.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-06
15:45:41: