ADSM-L

Re: Preventing TSM Windows Client events from being posted to the NT Event Log?

2005-01-25 14:05:53
Subject: Re: Preventing TSM Windows Client events from being posted to the NT Event Log?
From: Scott McCambly <mccambly AT ALLSTREAM DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:04:48 -0500
Great!  Thanks!

(Can you tell I spend most of my time working with Unix clients? :-) )

Andrew Raibeck wrote:

See the dsmcutil /EVENTLOGGING option or the Windows GUI setup wizard (for
configuring the client scheduler) which has a checkbox for event logging.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/25/2005
09:59:08:

Hi gang,

I've been asked if there is any way to stop the Windows clients from
logging messages to their local application event logs.

I agree that if we are monitoring TSM problems via the server log then
it seems a bit redundant.

My last recollection of this question was that there was no way to turn
it off, but things do change over time (thank goodness!).

Is there any way that any one can think of to accomplish this?

Thanks very much.

Scott McCambly