ADSM-L

Re: select statement: help!

2005-01-19 13:07:28
Subject: Re: select statement: help!
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:06:26 -0700
Hi Joni,

You don't need the quotes around the SELECT statement. Also, when
specifying the complete command in batch mode, I don't think using the
hyphen (-) for command continuation will work, since it is the OS command
line processor that sees the hyphen, not the admin client.

Try putting your SELECT statement into a separate text file called, for
example, select.macro:

select entity as node_name, date(start_time) as date, -
       cast(activity as varchar(10)) as activity, -
       time(start_time) as start, time(end_time)as end, -
       cast(bytes/1024/1024 as decimal(6,0)) as megabytes, -
       cast(affected as decimal(7,0)) as files, successful -
  from summary -
  where date(start_time)> date(current_timestamp - 1 day) and -
        (entity like 'HM%' or entity like 'PAB%' or -
         entity like 'VMS%' or entity like 'GEOHMKLG%') and -
        activity='BACKUP' order by successful

Then invoke the macro like this:

   dsmadmc -se=blah -id=admin -pa=xxx -displaymode=table macro
select.macro

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-01-19
10:31:17:

> [...]
>

>              01/19/2005 11:34
>              AM
>

>              Please respond to
>              "ADSM: Dist Stor
>                  Manager"
>              <[email protected]
>                    .EDU>
>

> Joni,
>
> The -displaymode=table option should give you the desired format (that
is
> the specific purpose of this option).
>
> Your note suggests you omitted the -ID and -PASSWORD options.
>
> It would help if you would post (via copy & paste) the actual command
you
> issued along with the results, so we can see what you are seeing.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy
>
> Andy Raibeck
> IBM Software Group
> Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
>
> The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> The command line is your friend.
> "Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-01-19
> 06:54:49:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I went out and tried the following:
> >
> > dsmadmc -servername=server -displaymode=table select statement and it
> > didn't work.  Do you have to put the statement within single quotes?
> > Thanks!
> >
> > ********************************
> > Joni Moyer
> > Highmark
> > Storage Systems
> > Work:(717)302-6603
> > Fax:(717)302-5974
> > joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
> > ********************************
> >

> >              "PAC Brion
> >              Arnaud"
> >              <Arnaud.Brion@PAN To
> >              ALPINA.COM>               ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> >              Sent by: "ADSM: cc
> >              Dist Stor
> >              Manager" Subject
> >              <[email protected]         Re: select statement: help!
> >              .EDU>
> >

> >              01/19/2005 08:16
> >              AM
> >

> >              Please respond to
> >              "ADSM: Dist Stor
> >                  Manager"
> >              <[email protected]
> >                    .EDU>
> >

> > Joni,
> >
> > Maybe this http://msgs.adsm.org/cgi-bin/get/adsm0109/730.html will
help
> > you !
> > Cheers.
> >

> > Arnaud

> > ******
> > Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
> > Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
> > Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
> > Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
> > e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com

Of