ADSM-L

Re: select statement: help!

2005-01-19 08:00:52
Subject: Re: select statement: help!
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:00:18 -0500
Hey!

I have one other simple question.  Is there a way that the output of this
select statement will be able to go on one line so that it isn't so hard to
read?  The output currently looks like this, but I would rather have it all
fit on one line.  Thanks!

NODE_NAME: VMSNW05
      DATE: 2005-01-18
  ACTIVITY: BACKUP
     START: 10:31:15
       END: 12:05:51
 MEGABYTES: 12
     FILES: 140
SUCCESSFUL: NO

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Andrew Raibeck"
             <storman AT US DOT IBM.C
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: select statement: help!

             01/18/2005 12:42
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Maybe something like:

select entity as node_name, date(start_time) as date, cast(activity as -
varchar(10)) as activity, time(start_time) as start, time(end_time) as
end, -
cast(bytes/1024/1024 as decimal(6,0)) as megabytes, cast(affected as -
decimal(7,0)) as files, successful -
        from summary -
      where date(start_time)> date(current_timestamp - 1 day) -
      and (entity like 'HM%' or entity like 'GEO%') -
      order by successful

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/18/2005
10:33:11: