ADSM-L

Journaling and clients hanging

2005-01-06 12:10:54
Subject: Journaling and clients hanging
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:10:31 -0600
I am using Windows back on a TSM 4.2.1.3 system and need to upgrade.
Window on both the server and clients (mainly Win2K and Win2003)

I found that the TSM windows client at 5.1.6 causes me various problems
when I use the journaling.  The biggest problem is it at times hangs the
TSM scheduler running on the client so backups are missed.

QUESTION:

            Does anyone know of any improvements on the use of the
Journal in newer TSM clients that might help make it run better/not hang
the Scheduler?

            Has anyone else seen this issue with any TSM version?

            ... TIA ... Jack