ADSM-L

Re: can I create a script to do the following

2005-01-06 13:46:07
Subject: Re: can I create a script to do the following
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:45:08 -0500
On Jan 6, 2005, at 12:01 PM, Weinstein, Stephen wrote:

I would like to automate the following commands into a script.  What I
cannot find in the manuals is how to test
If a command completed with a status of success.  I would like to do
this test between commands so the next command
only executes if the previous one succeeds.  If a command fails, I
would like the script to end. ...

This is summarized in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts, under
"Server Scripts". Refer to the Admin Guide manual topic Automating
Server Operations, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server Scripts,
description of If clauses, where the Return Codes to test are in the
appendix of the Admin Ref manual.

    Richard Sims