ADSM-L

Re: Journaling and clients hanging

2005-01-06 15:58:57
Subject: Re: Journaling and clients hanging
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:58:42 -0800
Journaling may be the single client function that has had the most fixes for it
from one client version to the next.  Simply read any of the readme's and you
will see.

The latest TSM V5.3 client has a brand new journaling piece.  There are a few
documents on the IBM website that explain what these change were.

I believe right up to the last V5.2.3.X version there were still some
journaling issues.  In most circumstances I never recommend going to the very
latest code, especially when it is base.  However, if journalling is what you
want then you may want to get the latest V5.3 client a try.

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM> wrote:
I am using Windows back on a TSM 4.2.1.3 system and need to upgrade.
Window on both the server and clients (mainly Win2K and Win2003)

I found that the TSM windows client at 5.1.6 causes me various problems
when I use the journaling. The biggest problem is it at times hangs the
TSM scheduler running on the client so backups are missed.

QUESTION:

Does anyone know of any improvements on the use of the
Journal in newer TSM clients that might help make it run better/not hang
the Scheduler?

Has anyone else seen this issue with any TSM version?

... TIA ... Jack