ADSM-L

Cristie BMR solution and TSM

2004-06-02 01:52:18
Subject: Cristie BMR solution and TSM
From: Muhammad Sadat <sadat AT INFOTECH.COM DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:32:54 +0500
Dear All,
I have  first client requiring BMR on Windows. I know that cristie BMR is
integrated with Tivoli. I have a question since I have not yet tested it
out:

1- While backups have been taken by Tivoli server, and BMR media created
by Cristie my understanding is as under:
        Cristie created media be that CD or floppy will initiate the
restore process.
        Once temporary OS is installed , the media will contact the TSM
server and start restore of data and OS files
        Which means all the control is in the hands of Cristie to let TSM
Server know what to do.

QUESTION:
While it is integrated with TSM, how would we go about with the interface,
the GUI in TSM. Would there be some server side component added for
interfacing or is it inherent?
Please clear my misconceptions if any !!!

Cheers!
Sadi