ADSM-L

Question about MAC clients

2004-04-21 07:23:24
Subject: Question about MAC clients
From: Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:21:43 +0100
Hi all

I'm running a 5.1.5.0 client on an OSX Mac server. We seem to be having an
issue where some directories have not been backed up and I can't see any
reason why. I have run the BA Client as Administrator, so as far as I'm
aware it should have access to all files on the system. Is this correct? Is
there a difference between Administrator and Root (seeing as OSX is UNIX
based). I come from a Solaris background and know nothing about Mac
operating systems at all, so I'm sorry if my question is either a) little
vague or b) down right silly.

If anyone else out there has had any problems/issues with the Mac client, I
would be most grateful to hear of them and any solutions.

Many thanks in advance

All the best

Farren