ADSM-L

Re: veritas backup exec client and TSM server

2004-03-15 14:57:47
Subject: Re: veritas backup exec client and TSM server
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:57:19 -0500
No it doesn't. I'm just telling you from experience that when your using
software from two different companies that are suppose to work together, you
always have a lot of finger pointing going on. It makes getting support much
more difficult. One is always saying it's the others fault. Add on to that
that the whole thing is not supported by Microsoft and you have a real
disaster waiting to happen. If you do decide to go this route I would
perform test restores as often as possible to make sure it works! There's
nothing worse than not being able to restore what you thought you were
backing up.

Mark