ADSM-L

Re: veritas backup exec client and TSM server

2004-03-15 13:12:40
Subject: Re: veritas backup exec client and TSM server
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:12:24 -0600
Having used both products and using the TSM version extensively, I would say
that three days recovery for a mail message or mail box is inexperience with
the product or not having a proper DR/recovery system in place. It is
recommended to have multiple standby servers for just these types of issues,
even with single infostores up to 30 - 40 GB, we have recovery time down to
5 hours for even as granular as single mail messages or calendar entries.

For me the IS method of backups is the lesser of two evils, Shorter backup
longer individual restore, also very handy in the event of a total failure.

Duane