ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2 on AIX 5.2?

2003-12-11 09:18:47
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2 on AIX 5.2?
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:18:26 -0500
> I know if I upgrade immediatly that there will be no problem. But I don't
> know if the cust. want's to do both upgrades on the same day.
> But thanks for your answer.

I just did two upgrades like this.  One was from AIX 5.1/TSM 5.1.7.0 to
AIX 5.2/TSM 5.2.1, and the second was AIX 4.3.3/TSM 5.1.7.0 to
AIX 5.2/TSM 5.2.1.  Note, however, that the upgrade of TSM from 4.2 to 5.2
might take a long time (for DB conversion and cleanup).  This would be a
good reason to upgrade TSM to 5.1.7, and run the cleanup prior to
upgrading to 5.2 (TSM).

> [...]
> immideately upgrade TSM, you don't need to worry about TSM 4.2 on aix 5.2
> either....
>
> > Met vriendelijke groet, with kind regards,
> >
> > Richard van Denzel
> > Consultant
> > IBM CATE, TSM Certified Consultant
> > Solution Professional Services B.V.
> > Transistorstraat 167, 1322 CN Almere
> > Postbus 50044, 1305 AA Almere.
> >
> > T:   +31 (0)36 880 02 22
> > F:   +31 (0)36 880 02 44
> > M:  +31 (0)652 663 978
> > W:  www.sltngroup.com
> > E:   rvandenzel AT sltngroup DOT com
> > Solution Professional Services B.V. is onderdeel van SLTN GROUP
> > IBM Premier Business Partner
> >

> > Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
> > Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
> > 10-12-2003 17:23
> > Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
> >

> >         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> >         cc:
> >         Subject:        Re: TSM 4.2 on AIX 5.2?
> >

> > On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:23:48 +0100
> > Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTNGROUP DOT COM> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Can anyone verify (e.g. has anyone got it) that TSM 4.2.x will run on
> > AIX
> > > 5.2?
> > >

> > why would you want to install an ancient, unsupported version of TSM?
> >

> > > Met vriendelijke groet, with kind regards,
> > >
> > > Richard van Denzel
> > > Consultant
> > > IBM CATE, TSM Certified Consultant
> > > Solution Professional Services B.V.
> > > Transistorstraat 167, 1322 CN Almere
> > > Postbus 50044, 1305 AA Almere.
> > >
> > > T:   +31 (0)36 880 02 22
> > > F:   +31 (0)36 880 02 44
> > > M:  +31 (0)652 663 978
> > > W:  www.sltngroup.com
> > > E:   rvandenzel AT sltngroup DOT com
> > > Solution Professional Services B.V. is onderdeel van SLTN GROUP
> > > IBM Premier Business Partner
> >

> > --
> > Met vriendelijke groeten,
> >
> > Remco Post
> >
> > SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
> > High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
> >
> > "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
> computer
> > industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
> > industry
> > didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams
>

> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten,
>
> Remco Post
>
> SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
> High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
>
> "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
> industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
> industry
> didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
UB DNS Team
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)