ADSM-L

Re: Backing up DBs around the globe

2003-12-10 14:20:30
Subject: Re: Backing up DBs around the globe
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:20:02 -0500
All I can recommend is that you do some TESTING (you can use FTP) as soon as
possible
.
You won't likely be able to achieve the full 100-Mbit/sec throughput, and
will you have the full bandwidth dedicated to you?
And there can be many pieces of hardware (hubs & routers & gateways, oh my)
beween you and the destination, any one of them can slow you down.

SO test NOW to see how long it will really take to send/receive 50GB of
data.