ADSM-L

Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first

2003-10-24 12:03:58
Subject: Re: Move nodedata - what is moved first
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:02:07 +0200
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:12:34 -0400
Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM> wrote:

> What would happen if there was a site disaster and the data was only on
> the disk which is no longer available to perform restores?
> I guess what I am asking is, without sending DIRMC off-site, can you
> recover from a site disaster?

Even better, directories are never stored in storagepools, just in the
database, so in case of a disaster, you will never loose any data as long as
you have off-site db backups.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams