ADSM-L

Re: Saving data on a defective cartridge

2003-09-18 13:50:01
Subject: Re: Saving data on a defective cartridge
From: Tom Kauffman <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:49:18 -0500
Well, I don't have the time resources to do a second copy currently; hope to
fix that with an upgrade next year.

And then we will do a second copy -- because mid-management wants it.

Here's the actual question that came up: "What do we do if something takes
out the datacenter and the plane with the D/R team and tapes crashes on the
way to the D/R hotsite?"

I can't help them on that (hint: sell!) but I can at least have a second
copy to roll off-site prior to the takeoff of the D/R TEST team.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc