ADSM-L

Re: Unix & TSM

2003-08-19 14:19:33
Subject: Re: Unix & TSM
From: Tomas Nalevajko <nalevajk AT DCS.FMPH.UNIBA DOT SK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:03:16 +0200
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Dabney James wrote:
> I was asked today by management if a Unix box (TSM Server) can have more
> than one tape library attached to it and successfully perform a backup? I

sure, tsm servers could share libraries among themselves as good as backup to
more than one library. what about defining new library and policy set with this
library?;)

> did not know what to say as I am running Versions 5.1 & 5.2 on multiple
> Windows platforms.

try to think about using unix;-))

> Can a TSM server backup to more than one tape library physically attached to
> the server? I am under the impression that you could share ONE library not
> multiple (physical SCSI) libraries.
>
> I am not a Unix person, so if anyone could shed some light I would
> appreciate it.....

attach multiple devices to system, define multiple libraries in tsm server and
backup as you wish, voila!

--
Nalevajko Tomas

e-mail: nalevajk AT dcs.fmph.uniba DOT sk
homepage: www.dcs.fmph.uniba.sk/~nalevajk