ADSM-L

select statement for active files/client/tape

2003-06-24 12:34:26
Subject: select statement for active files/client/tape
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:33:51 -0400
Hi all SQL gurus!

I am going to a disaster recovery shortly and I have the users asking if
there is any select statement or method to find all active files, what
tapes these files are on and the order that they are on the tape for each
client for the offsite tape copies.  Is this possible?  And if so, how
intensive is this on the server?  We have the tsm server running on os/390
2.10 at version 5.1.6.2 and this would be for Sun Solaris servers (a
majority of them are at the 4.2.1 client version).

If anyone has any suggestions for a way to do this or for a fast restore
process for disaster recovery I would appreciate it!  Thank you!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338