ADSM-L

Re: migration from LAN to LAN free concerns.

2003-05-27 05:45:22
Subject: Re: migration from LAN to LAN free concerns.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:54:17 -0400
>>Anyone knows why I can't use more than 7 drives (3590)?
>>Resource utilization was configured as 10.

>/* Device Configuration */
>DEFINE DEVCLASS 3590EC DEVTYPE=3590 FORMAT=3590E-C ESTCAPACITY=125829120K
>MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES MOUNTWAIT=30 MOUNTRETENTION=60 PREFIX=PT21 LIBRARY=LIB3494
>
>Is not enough on a 16 drives Lib3494?

We need to know more about your environment, particularly if you are using a
SAN, per the thread, or a conventional library arrangement.
If you are using a conventional library, MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES should work -
providing that the drives are in an Available state to the 3494 Library
Manager, that the drives are in an online state to the operating system
(e.g., AIX 'lsdev'), and the drives are online in TSM.
If you are using an External Library, the Reference Manual says that you
should explicitly code the number of drives rather than utilizing
MOUNTLIMIT=DRIVES.

  Richard Sims, BU