ADSM-L

Re: migration from LAN to LAN free concerns.

2003-05-23 08:11:14
Subject: Re: migration from LAN to LAN free concerns.
From: inotzki <inotzki AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 05:10:50 -0700
ok I see what you mean. If I can use the same tape pool then that makes it a
lot less work.  So should I just share my library to the SAN clients?

inotzki

David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU> wrote:
>2. Since a new TAPE pool is to be created, how do I move my existing
data
>volumes from old TAPE pool to New TAPE pool? Or do i still need to
move it?

There is no NEED to use a new tape storage pool. If you choose to do
so, you can use the move nodedata command to move the data on primary
tapes to new storage pools. There is apparently no way to move the
copypool data to new copypools. You can identify which tapes the moved
nodes have data on, do a delete vol xxxx discarddata=yes and then do a
backup stg to recreate the copypools in the new pools.