ADSM-L

migration from LAN to LAN free concerns.

2003-05-22 14:41:00
Subject: migration from LAN to LAN free concerns.
From: inotzki <inotzki AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:25:33 -0700
Hi TSM gurus,

We are currently using traditional LAN setup on a SAN environment.  We use a
SAN attached disk to the TSM server to act as diskpool /primary storage pool
and we migrate the data to SAN Attached Tape on the TSM server and copy storage
pool.

We need to migrate the SAN attached clients into a LAN free clients.

1.  This is my idea of the setup. I want to be able to create a new diskpool
that is LAN free and still do migration of data to a new TAPE pool that is also
LAN Free.

TSM server 5.1.5 AIX
TSM server 5.1.5 Storage Agent AIX
TSM B/A client 4.2.1  AIX

First of all, does LAN free support diskpool storage in TSM 5.1.5? I have read
about Tape Sharing and File DRIVEs sharing but I have not read any real
diskpool on a LAN free setup on the documentation.  Can the FILE drive act a
diskpool and migrate data to a TAPE drive?

2.  Since a new TAPE pool is to be created, how do I move my existing data
volumes from old TAPE pool to New TAPE pool?  Or do i still need to move it?

Inotzki
TSM System Administrator