ADSM-L

Re: 3494/3590 library problem

2003-04-17 01:04:17
Subject: Re: 3494/3590 library problem
From: MUSTAFA BAYTAR <mustafa.baytar AT EFESPILSEN.COM DOT TR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:05:15 +0300
Tell your AIX folks to remove drive definitions on the ADSM server after that
to define them again.

                      cc52
                      <CC52 AT SDSUMUS DOT SD         To:      ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      STATE.EDU>               cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: 3494/3590 library
problem
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      16.04.2003 21:42
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Our AIX ADSM  (version 3.1) is getting the following messages when
trying to load 3590 carts out of our 3494 library.

ANR8451i 349x library sdsulib01 is ready for operations
anr8447e No drives are currently in library sdsulib01
anr1401w mount request denied for volume ce0001 - mount failed

none of the library configs have been changed.
The problem started when the hardware folks put new read write heads
on the drives.

We are able to mount tapes with MTLIB but not with ADSM.

What does ADSM need to reconnect the drives to the library.

Ron Greve
SDSU  Computing Services