ADSM-L

3494/3590 library problem

2003-04-16 14:43:31
Subject: 3494/3590 library problem
From: cc52 <CC52 AT SDSUMUS.SDSTATE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:42:39 CST
Our AIX ADSM  (version 3.1) is getting the following messages when
trying to load 3590 carts out of our 3494 library.

ANR8451i 349x library sdsulib01 is ready for operations
anr8447e No drives are currently in library sdsulib01
anr1401w mount request denied for volume ce0001 - mount failed

none of the library configs have been changed.
The problem started when the hardware folks put new read write heads
on the drives.

We are able to mount tapes with MTLIB but not with ADSM.

What does ADSM need to reconnect the drives to the library.

Ron Greve
SDSU  Computing Services