ADSM-L

3494/3590 and NAS backups

2003-04-10 13:58:07
Subject: 3494/3590 and NAS backups
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:57:06 -0700
I'm just curious to know if anybody has any experience with NAS
backups via the NDMP module. In particular, I'd like to know of
anybody working in an environment that has fiber-attached 3590s
in a 3494 library.

The TSM Administrator's Guide discusses these setups in Chapter 6,
but it only mentions using SCSI libraries, not libraries of type
349X. Just curious to know if it's possible (which I'm sure it
*must* be), and to know if anybody has trod down this path. We're
anxiously awaiting the release of 5.2 for file-level
backup/restore via NDMP, and so we are beginning the preparatory
steps for that.

Thanks.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte, DreamWorks SKG
<mailto:tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>