ADSM-L

Re: Non IBM Libarary for TSM

2002-12-18 10:37:58
Subject: Re: Non IBM Libarary for TSM
From: "Cowperthwaite, Eric" <eric.cowperthwaite AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:35:25 -0600
Find a reseller who carries Overland Data libraries. The primary source of
Overland libraries used to be Compaq, but since the HP/Compaq merger they
are obviously going to only selling HP libraries. Overland's libraries scale
very well in the midrange and are extremely cost competitive compared to HP,
IBM, Adic, StorageTek, etc. They have been selling libraries for a long time
and have a good track record and a lot of reference customers who use
Tivoli. Dell also sells the smaller Adic libraries for a better price than
IBM does, so you might consider them as an alternative to IBM.

Eric