ADSM-L

AIX server configuration

2002-12-16 14:20:47
Subject: AIX server configuration
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:18:53 -0500
We currently have a growing TSM server on a medium-sized OS/390 platform.
We are running into difficulties with network bandwidth, real memory, and
CPU capacity. One of the options we are looking into is migrating the TSM
server to AIX. Are there any published guidelines for selecting an AIX
configuration for a specific TSM workload? I am particularly interested
in guidelines for clock rate and number of processors, and for real memory
size.