ADSM-L

Magstar 3575-L06 - EMPTY tapes "mountablenotinlib", cannot delete volume/reclaim

2002-12-16 12:12:16
Subject: Magstar 3575-L06 - EMPTY tapes "mountablenotinlib", cannot delete volume/reclaim
From: Peep Squack <peepsquack AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:54:30 -0500
I have a Magstar 3575-L06 and am running TSM 4.2.3.1.

I have a bunch of EMPTY tapes that are "mountablenotinlib", and I cannot
delete the volumes or reclaim. If I put them in the library, they are never
reclaimed. Anyone know what the deal is with this? I'd like to make these
tapes scratch so I can use them again. Kind of a waste to let them sit there
going unused.

If these cannot be reclaimed, is there a reason why? You'd figure an
administrator should be able to forcefully delete any volume from the system
should he/she wants to. Why do they get in this state to begin with?

Thanks ahead of time,
Gary.