ADSM-L

Mangled administrator commands

2002-12-16 14:45:10
Subject: Mangled administrator commands
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:44:11 -0500
I recently installed 5.1.5.0 client code, including the administrative
command line, on a Windows 2000 system. The system connects to a 4.2.1.9
server running under OS/390. When I use the administrative command line
I will occasionally see a command fail with an ANR2000E message showing
something completely different than the command I just typed. When this
happens the alleged command reported in the error message isn't even
composed of ASCII characters; most of the characters displayed seem to
come from some kind of line drawing and graphics set. The problem seems
to occur more often when the server is heavily loaded. Is this a known
problem? If not, does anyone have any ideas for pinning down which piece
of software is at fault?