ADSM-L

Re: BCV Backup Procedures

2002-10-24 16:49:17
Subject: Re: BCV Backup Procedures
From: J M <jm_seattle AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:47:27 -0700
We are working on automating the backup of EMC BCV's (3 NT/Oracle hosts)
which are mounted to a NT server(dedicated to mounting bcv volumes and
running the TSM backup client).

The overall process includes:

Mount volumes (job dependencies based on successful mounts per host group)
Run Scheduled TSM backup job
Unmount volumes
Notify Application team of successful job for all BCV volumes

So- as we are refining the process, I've started to search for documented
procedures or best practices for this kind of environment. There is not much
in terms of Redbooks or whitepapers, so I was wondering if the TSM community
knows of any good resources--

Thanks for all of your help and input! John

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.