ADSM-L

Re: BCV Backup Procedures

2002-10-25 01:39:37
Subject: Re: BCV Backup Procedures
From: "kurt.beyers AT pandora DOT be" <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:39:16 +0200
I'll have to do a similar setup in the near future.

All the BCV volumes will be mounted on the TSM server and then backed up to the
LTO library. In the dsm.opt client file, the different drives (where the BCV's
will be mounted) are bound to the correct management class.

What happens if one of the mounts of the BCV volumes fails? Then there is a
drive specified in the dsm.opt file that doesn't exist. Anybody knows what
happens in such a case? Can you mount the BCV volumes as a pre-exec command of
the backup and umount them as a post-exec command of the backup?

Any sharings in the backup of BCV's through TSM are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Kurt