ADSM-L

Re: Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5

2002-10-18 06:21:52
Subject: Re: Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5
From: Carsten Moldrup <cmoldrup AT SCA.CSC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:21:12 +0200
Hi there,

Well, for one, changes in access permissions for files in unix filesystems
will not trigger an incremental backup in netbackup - as such change will
not change the files' modified-date.

Regards,
Carsten Moldrup

                    Kelvin Tan
                    <ktan                To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    @TABLIMITED.C        cc:
                    OM.AU>               Subject:     Veritas Enterprise
Netbackup
                    Sent by:             4.5
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L

                    18-10-02
                    07:29
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi Gurus

At the moment we are using TSM 4.2 but the management is looking at Veritas
Enterprise Netbackup and I have to convince them about staying put with
TSM.  Has anybody move from TSM to Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5 running
on Unix??   Any advantages Veritas has over TSM?  If TSM is that good how
come it does not dominate the backup market?  I have read the report of
Veritas vs TSM but that is on Intel and related to version 3.

Hope somebody can enlightened me.

Thanks.

Kelvin Tan

"This message and any attachment to it is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed by the first sender and
contains information which may be confidential and/or privileged.

If you receive this message and any attachment in error, please delete it
immediately and notify the sender by electronic mail or telephone (61 2)
9211 0188. Unless you have been expressly authorised by the sender, you are
prohibited from copying, distributing or using the information contained in
this message and any attachment.

Tab Limited (ABN 17 081 765 308) is not responsible for any changes made to
this message or any attachment other than those made by Tab Limited, or for
the effect of changes made by others on the meaning of this message and any
attachment.

Tab Limited does not represent that any attachment is free from computer
viruses or defects and the user assumes all responsibility for any loss,
damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any
attachment."