ADSM-L

Re: Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5

2002-10-21 10:19:49
Subject: Re: Veritas Enterprise Netbackup 4.5
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT SERVERGRAPH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:19:36 -0400
Well, TSM is saving you space on tape by using those two drives to squeeze
out unused space.
Veritas will (I think) leave tapes sitting on the shelf for a long time that
are nearly empty.

BTW, you *CAN* set reclamation very aggressively, and cause your library to
work very very hard for little gain.
I tried to get my tapes up to 90% full once, until I realized what I was
doing.
Stick with the recommendations in the manual. (40%)

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Lead Architect, Servergraph
www.servergraph.com <http://www.servergraph.com>
859-253-8000 ofc