ADSM-L

Re: 3584 tape library

2002-10-10 12:08:14
Subject: Re: 3584 tape library
From: John Coffman <JCoffman AT MCG-INS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:08:12 -0500
Thank you all for responding ,

TSM support was able to help get this resolved.
but here is my set up.
W2k server, IBM 342, 6 - 36 gig drives
TSM 4.2.2.3.
Drive firmware 25D4.
IBMtapi.sys was 5.0.2.4 upgraded to 5.0.3.2 ,
IBMchgr.sys version 5.0.2.4
IBM LTO 3584 with 4 drives
SAN 2109

We found that W2K when it rebooted that it renamed the library to changer0,
Then support had me Disable RSM in the service manager and the medium
changer in the Device manager. We uninstall the TSM Device drivers and
reinstalled them. Opened the TSM console manager and Device Driver
properties and change the library to be controlled by TSM device drivers
and drives to be controlled by native device drivers. Then rebooted and try
to check in a tape. It works now. I hope this can help anyone else that has
run across this.
Level 2 support at it finest. Hats off to Chris,
later,
John

                    Suad
                    <s.musovich@AUCKL       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    AND.AC.NZ>              cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Re: 3584 tape library
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    .EDU>

                    10/10/2002 02:53
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"

Easy, don't reboot ;)

Seriously you should say what your server is (looks like a Wintel server
from 'ere judging by the reboot issue).
Are you losing the driver or connectivity? Does it come back if you
probe the device list/interface?

What's your firmware level on the drives themselves?

Suad
--

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 16:40, John Coffman wrote:
> Driver problem with a tape library
>
> Hi everybody, My problem is that when I reboot my server I lose the
driver
> for my tape library. I'm using an IBM 3584 Ultrascalable tape library
> connected to a SAN 2109.  I have partitioned the SAN so that the Library
> and drives only see my server. The driver is 5.0.2.4 . It is not
certified.
> IBM says that if I'm using a fiber attached 3584 I can not use the
> certified driver. The HBA card I'm using to the SAN is QLA2200 - driver
> 1.76
>
> any ideas?
> (Embedded image moved to file: pic00041.pcx)
>
> The content of this email message and any attachments are confidential
and may be legally privileged, intended solely for the addressee.  If you
are not the intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply email and destroy the message and its attachments.