ADSM-L

Re: 3584 tape library

2002-10-10 04:24:49
Subject: Re: 3584 tape library
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:41:10 +0300
Look at Tivoli Flash 3. This might sched some light.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

John Coffman <JCoffman AT MCG-INS DOT COM>
10.10.2002 06:40

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        3584 tape library

Driver problem with a tape library

Hi everybody, My problem is that when I reboot my server I lose the driver
for my tape library. I'm using an IBM 3584 Ultrascalable tape library
connected to a SAN 2109.  I have partitioned the SAN so that the Library
and drives only see my server. The driver is 5.0.2.4 . It is not
certified.
IBM says that if I'm using a fiber attached 3584 I can not use the
certified driver. The HBA card I'm using to the SAN is QLA2200 - driver
1.76

any ideas?

The content of this email message and any attachments are confidential and
may be legally privileged, intended solely for the addressee.  If you are
not the intended recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you
receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply email and destroy the message and its attachments.