ADSM-L

Re: How does AIX SysBack compare to AIX TSM?

2002-10-10 12:41:03
Subject: Re: How does AIX SysBack compare to AIX TSM?
From: Hamish Marson <hamish AT TRAVELLINGKIWI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 17:39:47 +0100
Ken Sedlacek wrote:

For TSM AIX only.

I just recently saw the IBM web site on AIX SysBack System Backup and
Recovery program.

Can someone who either knows both, or uses both of them, point out the
differences/similarities between AIX SysBack and AIX TSM??

TIA.

About the only similarity with the versions I'm familiar with, is that
both are backup utilities that can use wither local or remote tapes...
(OK. Storage :).

Sysback is a mksysb on steroids that will backup across the net to
another server.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #16396
       I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |