ADSM-L

Re: question regarding Apple Macintosh client

2002-09-16 17:02:30
Subject: Re: question regarding Apple Macintosh client
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:02:15 +0200
On maandag, september 16, 2002, at 08:18 , rs6000 wrote:

Incorrect. An entry is made in the error log.

intresting, this must be only once or when running with the scheduler,
when running an interqctive backup I only get two errors, both for file
not found, which in itself may be intresting for files about te be
backupped. I guess apple did a to good job in obfuscating the filesystem
to work both in a unix and a macos way....

I got it to work just fine. I wasn't crazy about keeping root logged in
all
the time, locked screensaver or not, however.

hmmm, ok, so it works sort of...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams