ADSM-L

Re: Database has reached maximum size in space trigger.

2002-09-16 16:56:47
Subject: Re: Database has reached maximum size in space trigger.
From: Nicola Albrecht <nici AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:53:59 -0500
Justin Case wrote:

> Well it is about time to increase the database  add volumes and extend DB
>
> Justin
>
> Sam Haziprodromu <sam.hazi AT IRWINTOY DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 09/16/2002
> 02:07:00 PM
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> cc:
>
> Subject:    Database has reached maximum size in space trigger.
>
> Hi TSMers, I have a problem. I received the message below:
>
> ANR4424W Database has reached Maximum Size in Space Trigger.
>
>         Is this message to be ignored or must we do something at once.
>
>                 Anyones's help would be appreciated on this one.
>
>                                 TIA
>
>                         Sam Haziprodromu  I.T.
>
>  -

Sam,

You need to look at the maxsize value specified for your spacetrigger.
Otherwise, TSM will not expand the size of the database in the scenario of
your database becoming the percentage full specified in your spacetrigger.
This could cause your TSM Server to crash if the DB gets full!

Nici
Nici Albrecht
MDR Consulting & Education
1-210-860-4641