ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL, Data/Meta backup locations

2002-08-07 15:42:49
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL, Data/Meta backup locations
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:42:28 -0400
> Another thought came to mind.  If I am backing up databases via LANFREE,
> will I even be able to backup the META information to disk?  I was under
> the impression that we couldn't backup LANFREE directly to a diskpool.
> Server, AIX 4.3.3, TSM 4.2.1.7
> Client, W2K, B/A 4.2.1.32, Stg Agnt 4.2.1.7, TDPSQL 2.2

Todd,

This is not a problem. When you bind the meta data to a
management class, that will determine how the data is sent.
And so, your data could go LANFree and your meta data
can go over the LAN. All of this handled by
the INCLUDE statements and binding the data to
separate management classes.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.