ADSM-L

Multiple DOMAIN statements and DSM.OPT issues

2002-08-06 15:39:14
Subject: Multiple DOMAIN statements and DSM.OPT issues
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:39:32 -0400
Never got confirmation of this message being posted so I am trying
again.......

This is a two-part question, possibly related to the same problem.

Have a client with an NT machine, that is a Notes/Domino server.  Latest
5.1.1 client.

While the Domino backups work ok, a general OS type backup keeps backing
up all of the Domino files, eventhough they are excluded.

First off, are there any issues with multiple DOMAIN statements.
Currently, the client has the following coded:

DOMAIN C:  \\admnt8\c$
DOMAIN E:  \\admnt8\e$
DOMAIN F:  \\admnt8\f$
DOMAIN G:  \\admnt8\g$
DOMAIN H:  \\admnt8\h$
DOMAIN I:  \\admnt8\i$
DOMAIN J:  \\admnt8\j$
DOMAIN K:  \\admnt8\k$
DOMAIN L:  \\admnt8\l$
DOMAIN M:  \\admnt8\m$

Seond part, is there a limit on the number of BLANK lines TSM will
process/ignore in a DSM.OPT file ?  What does TSM used to determine the
EOF for the OPT file ?

I ask this since the user has 49-blank lines between the PASSWORDACCESS
GENERATE statement and the EXCLUDE statements (yes I know this sounds
stupid and am going to have her fix it !!).

For the ha-has, I might as well ask to make sure the exclude is coded
correctly:

EXCLUDE "*:\...\*.nsf"
EXCLUDE "*:\...\*.ntf"

DSMSCHED.LOG shows messages like:

08/05/2002 06:58:20 Normal File-->        10,485,760
\\admnt8\j$\mail3\ctheakst.nsf [Sent]