ADSM-L

Re: Expiring Data...in an unconventional manner

2002-06-25 15:45:21
Subject: Re: Expiring Data...in an unconventional manner
From: "Hagopian, George" <GHagopian AT ICTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:48:22 -0400
Thanks for the reply John

Delete filespace I have used in the past...issus is, there is a particualar
job that runs in this filesystem for 7 days, that I need to hold on to until
the beginning of the new 7 days of backups...problem is I can't afford to
delete the filespace before the 7th day backup...at that point I have no
backup, it is for a short amount of time with hope that the backups do not
fail, but as everyone knows...that's when Murphy's law comes into play...I
need to get that 7th day backup and then delete the prior backup which means
the delete filespace can't be used.