ADSM-L

Re: HELP!!!!!!

2002-04-12 07:37:52
Subject: Re: HELP!!!!!!
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:37:27 +0300
I surrender.
I am not familiar with tape format but always thought that there is only
data. Still do not know are the file names found enough and complete: how
the aggregates are handled, what when we have a file spanning more than
one tape, etc.
There was a service (and I think still exists) from HDD vendors - they
were able to recover some of the data from a crashed disk. I prefer to
have a backup on hand. Same for TSM - that's why copypools are designed
for.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant