ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB Fullbackup 19GB takes 4 hours on OS/390 VTS

2002-04-12 07:46:55
Subject: Re: TSM DB Fullbackup 19GB takes 4 hours on OS/390 VTS
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:47:39 -0400
I am going over ESCON.  I have an issue with TSM that I would watch TSM use
more and more CPU and actually do less and less.  I found that stopping and
starting TSM on a weekly basis would get me past it.  I have sent them dumps
and logs.  They said to STOP draining my DISK pool to 0.  SO I am trying
that.  Anyway, my point is, try bringing TSM down and Up and check the
throughput then.  It may also be worth your time to check and make sure that
TSM is in the proper Work Load Manager service class (of course that is only
an issue if the machine is running 100%).
Matt