ADSM-L

Cross-client restore not working - W2K --> W98

2002-04-10 20:08:53
Subject: Cross-client restore not working - W2K --> W98
From: Joerg Pohlmann/CanWest/IBM <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:09:07 -0700
Hi. We are unable to restore data from a W2K node to a W98 node. Clients
are current code levels, server is also current. Set access is all done
properly because we can do a cross-client restore W2K --> W2K. Cross-
client within a family of platforms (i.e. all Windows and OS/2) used to be
supported. I can still use my 4.2.1.20 client on W2K to restore some
antique OS/2 files, but the W98 client GUI won't even expand the directory
tree when attempting to restore from a W2K node. Does anyone know if this
is a bug and that an incident should be opened or is this a new "works as
designed" function/restriction?

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452