ADSM-L

Re: Nohup Scheduler Service.

2002-03-28 11:45:45
Subject: Re: Nohup Scheduler Service.
From: Gabriel Wiley <wileyg AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:47:01 -0500
It does show up when doing a "ps" command.

{s07f01n01:/u/gcwibm} ps -aef | grep dsmc
    root 36442     1   0 17:30:00      -  0:39 /usr/bin/dsmc schedule

We set QUERYSCHED=  1

This way,  client checks with the server every hour ..

Gabriel C. Wiley
ADSM/TSM Administrator
AIX Support
Phone 1-614-308-6709
Pager  1-877-489-2867
Fax      1-614-308-6637
Cell       1-740-972-6441

Siempre Hay Esperanza

                      David E Ehresman
                      <deehre01@LOUISVI        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      LLE.EDU>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Nohup Scheduler
Service.
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/28/2002 10:49
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I'm not a Unix guru either but I think the dsmc schedule will not
normally show up as it is not normally active.  It wakes up every xxx
hours and refreshes it's schedule and when wakes up at its scheduled
time to do the backup.