ADSM-L

Nohup Scheduler Service.

2002-03-28 09:38:24
Subject: Nohup Scheduler Service.
From: "Brown, Bud" <Bud.Brown AT DHHA DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:38:09 -0700
Anybody,

I am trying to get the scheduler service to run in the background and to
continue running after a logout.  My TSM server is ver. 4.1.4.1 and AIX
4.3.3, my tsm b-a client is 4.1.4 on a Unix Tru64 OS.  I was using the
'Tivoli Storage Manager for UNIX - Using the Backup-Archive Clients', in
chapter 5 'Automating TSM Tasks.'  In the chapter it details using the
following statement 'nohup dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &'.  However, it
only continues to run while I am logged in, if I log out and log back
in, the process can not be found.  Our software vendor affirmed that he
could get other processes to run after a logout, but could not get the
dsmc schedule process to run after a logout.  It is probably obvious I
am not a Unix guru so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Bud Brown
Information Services
Systems Administrator