ADSM-L

Re: Nohup Scheduler Service.

2002-03-28 11:16:22
Subject: Re: Nohup Scheduler Service.
From: Bruno Dostie <dosb AT PREMIERTECH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:59:11 -0500
hi,
on my HP-UX 10.20 O.S. box, using TSM 3.1.x

I have created a file named: start_adsm_backup

#!/usr/bin/sh
nohup dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &

to start tsm process I type from directory where file is located:
./start_adsm_backup &

just run-it and verify if process exist. if not, look at your perms or
options.   look in file dsmsched.log, it can be helpfull to know when the
process is killed.

Bye

wish it can help ;-)

Bruno Dostie
Gérant systèmes Cad

Premier Tech
1 avenue Premier
Rivière-du-Loup, (Québec)
G5R 6C1,  Canada

tél.         418 867 8883,  6323
fax.        418 862 6642
e-mail    dosb AT premiertech DOT com
www:    www.premiertech.com

                    "Brown, Bud"

                    <Bud.Brown@DHH       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    A.ORG>               cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Nohup Scheduler Service.

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR

                    IST.EDU>

                    2002/03/28

                    09:38

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Anybody,

I am trying to get the scheduler service to run in the background and to
continue running after a logout.  My TSM server is ver. 4.1.4.1 and AIX
4.3.3, my tsm b-a client is 4.1.4 on a Unix Tru64 OS.  I was using the
'Tivoli Storage Manager for UNIX - Using the Backup-Archive Clients', in
chapter 5 'Automating TSM Tasks.'  In the chapter it details using the
following statement 'nohup dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &'.  However, it
only continues to run while I am logged in, if I log out and log back
in, the process can not be found.  Our software vendor affirmed that he
could get other processes to run after a logout, but could not get the
dsmc schedule process to run after a logout.  It is probably obvious I
am not a Unix guru so any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Bud Brown
Information Services
Systems Administrator