ADSM-L

Re: FW: v4.2.1 TSM Clients

2001-10-22 11:35:17
Subject: Re: FW: v4.2.1 TSM Clients
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:31:52 -0700
> First of all I do not know Andy's position at Tivoli.
> And read what is written in the README:
> "This is not officially supported by IBM, but IBM support people
> do participate in the discussions, along with other  users."
> So IMHO here Andy is just a colleague. More skilled in ADSM/TSM,
> closer to the developers, but just a colleague.

I am a developer who works on the TSM client (Windows B/A client
and ODBC driver).

The statements in the README file are there mainly to avoid confusion
as to what ADSM-L is and what it is not. Otherwise a user new to the
group might be led to believe that ADSM-L is the place to get support
from IBM. The README statement is intended to make it clear that this
is not the *official* support channel. Our participation, like that of
anyone else, is voluntary. But that does not absolve us of our
obligation to post in a responsible manner when we do participate.

With regard to the APAR in question, I intercepted the APAR when it
came to development and changed the description from a documentation
error (as it was originally opened) to a code error (which it properly
is). So I am fairly close enough to the problem to be able to speak to
it knowledgeably. The problem has since been fixed, and we are
planning a patch to include a fix for this problem. Currently we are
targeting the patch for sometime between now and the end of October,
although that is subject to change.

> If something shows up on the web-site or in docs on media that would
> be official.

The information stating that the problem is fixed will be in the
README file that accompanies the fixing client code. Until then, if
you require something more official, please open up a problem record
with IBM support (your official channel), and ask to be placed on the
"interested parties" list for APAR IC31844. The support folks will do
this for you, and notify you when a fix is available.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
10/22/2001 07:28

First of all I do not know Andy's position at Tivoli.
And read what is written in the README:
"This is not officially supported by IBM, but IBM support people
do participate in the discussions, along with other  users."
So IMHO here Andy is just a colleague. More skilled in ADSM/TSM, closer to
the developers, but just a colleague.
If something shows up on the web-site or in docs on media that would be
official.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM> on 19.10.2001 17:57:48