ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-22 10:26:39
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1
From: Jeremy Greven <jgreven AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:35:59 -0400
Geoff.

I had similar problems with the upgrade.  My 3583 just stopped working.
period.  I was getting the no mount points available while there was
nothing mounted and all seemed well.

There was a fix issued - both for AIX and NT to resolve this problem.
4.2.1.3 resolved the issue for NT and I believe that 4.2.1.2 resolves these
issues for AIX as some have described.  Both versions are available for
download off of the boulder website.  (service.boulder.ibm.com)

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Greven
Senior Network Analyst
Chubb Insurance Company of Canada

                    "Gill, Geoffrey
                    L."                     To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <GEOFFREY.L.GILL        cc:
                    @SAIC.COM>              Subject:     TSM 4.2.1
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    10/22/2001 09:26
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

To all,

For all those who are thinking of upgrading to 4.2.1, my opinion is don't.
have been up on it for 10 days and have already experienced 3 crashes. I
also have a tape problem that I'm told was supposed to have been fixed. I
have 2 PMR's open, both at level 2. I'm on AIX 4.3.3 and not sure if other
platforms have had similar problems.

I would like to hear from anyone else experiencing these or any other
problems.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer